“ADOLPH HERSETH IN MEMORIAM”
july, 19th 2019
The International Orchestral Excerpts Competition, organized by the Maspalomas International Trumpet Festival, aims to boost this repertoire among young trumpeters, knowing that it is a basic tool for their future work. It is a global character contest where skill is valued in the interpretation of orchestral extracts considering factors such as musicality, style, safety and consistency with the musical excerpt.
Contestants must be between 15 and 30 years of age (on July 20, 2019).
2. Development of competition
The contest will run in two rounds.
- Date: July 19, 2019
- Start time: 12:30 pm
- Location: Expomeloneras (Auditorio “Las Tirajanas”)
- Contestants limit numbers (not Festival menbers): 10 (Students enrolled in the Festival will have priority to participate in the contest over who are not registered, if contestants exceed the limit set).
Registration will be via online through the following link: https://www.maspalomastrumpetfest.com/inscripcion/competition-registration
- Candidates enrolled in the Festival: Free
- Applicants not enrolled in the Festival: 50 €
Deadline: The registration period begins on the date of publication of these rules and ends on July 1, 2019.
The jury will be composed of the following members :
- Marc Guejon ( “Super-Soliste” of the Opera de Paris Orchestra – France)
- Mark David (Royal Academy of Music, London – United Kingdom)
- Benjamín Moreno (Orquesta Sinfónica de Radio Televisión Española – Spain)
- Otto Sauter (International Soloist – Germany)
- José Vicente Araña (Artistic Coordinator MITF – Spain)
The contest will be two prize consisting of: First Prize:
- Scholarship Maspalomas Trumpet Festival: free registration in 2019 and 2020 Festivals.
- Premio Fundación La Caja de Canarias prize: dotado en 500€ Fundación Mapfre prize (better canarian player):
- Concert paid in the Fundación Mapfre hall
Participation in the competition implies unconditional acceptance of the terms and rules of the competition.
6. Repertoire FIRST ROUND
Work required: Concerto in E flat Major by J. Haydn (First movement without cadenza). Should be interpreted with trumpet in Bb.
- L. van Beethoven: Overture “Leonore” no. 3 (Offstage call, One time)
- M. Ravel: Piano Concerto in G (Mvmt. 1, 2 to 3)
- I. Stravinsky: Petroushka, 1947 version (Ballerina’s Dance, 1 before 135 to 139)
- G. Mahler: Sinfonía Nº 5 / Symphony Nº5 (Mvmt. 1, Beginning to 5 mm. after 1)
- Mussorgsky/Ravel: Pictures at an Exhibition (Opening Promenade, mm. 1 to five bars after 5)
- G. Donizetti: Don Pasquale (Act II Prelude)
- R. Schumann: Symphony Nº2 (Mvt I Mvt I mm.1-13)
- B. Bartok: Concerto for Orchestra ( Mvt II mm. 90 – 120)
7. Piano accompanist
The organization will provide contestants the accompanist.